Become the Complete Coach with Our 6 on 6 Flag Football Plays!
Do you want to elevate your flag football practices? To provide your team with quality skills that they can use during the game? Then you have come to the right place. Coach D is here to help you become the complete coach with a range of comprehensive packages that are guaranteed to achieve results. Your coaching will influence whether your players develop a love for the sport and build confidence on the field with you.
With our unstoppable 6v6 flag football plays, templates, drill packs, practice schedules and more, you can provide your players with confidence, flag football skills, and critical life skills. Combine fun and enjoyment with beneficial skills that your team can take with them both on and off the pitch.
But What Makes Our 6v6 Flag Football Play Different?
When it comes to flag football coaching tips, Coach D is at the forefront of the industry and with our packages, you too can reach your fullest potential. If you are looking to elevate your coaching experience and walk on the field with confidence, knowing you have everything needed to crush it for your players, then Coach D's Complete Coach playbooks are a perfect fit.
Our packages provide flag football plays for 6v6 teams of all ages and all abilities. By choosing a single package, you get everything you need to take your team to the next level from Pre-K and 1st Grade all the way through to 8th Grade. Simple, easy and efficient coaching materials that can be utilized time and time again - what could be better?
The last thing you need when coaching is to be disorganized, what's your practice schedule, which drills should you run, how do you call plays? It's stressful! With our packages, this stress is a thing of the past. We provide printable flag football plays that can fit into your wristband so you can call plays quickly and easily. Your players' execute at a higher level and more fun when your attention is solely focused on them.
Rest assured that when you purchase one of our Complete Coach packages, you are choosing a comprehensive set of materials. Everything you need to practice new and exciting plays and crush it as a Complete Coach. You'll get 80 plays combined with flag football receiver routes, drill packs, templates, practice schedules and much more, you will never fall short. Practicing your flag football offense and defense with drills, creating camaraderie between players and perfecting your formations is easy with Coach D by your side.
Alongside our fantastic 6v6 flag football plays, we provide top customer service for each and every coach. Simply get in touch with any questions and expect a fast, reliable and personal response from Coach D. We even include exclusive Coach D content in our 6 on 6 flag football packages to give you the opportunity to learn from him on the field.
Which 6 On 6 Flag Football Plays Package Will You Choose?
Taking your team to the next level is easy with Coach D. Browse our collections today or get in touch for some personalized guidance by the man himself. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Mastering Strategies, Drills, and Winning Plays in 6 on 6 Flag Football
Flag football, with just six players per team, is a tighter and often more intense version of flag football. Accordingly, it's important to have offensive and defensive plays and drills at your fingertips so you can make the most of what should be a very exciting environment on the pitch. For example, 6 on 6 flag football defense strategies come in all shapes and sizes. You might find, for instance, try a 2-1-2 zone defense, with two deep and two shallow defenders, with a quick-footed middle defender. But there are only some plays that reliably work, and you can find them below, in my 20 offense drill pack and 15 defense drill pack, both containing 20 proven printable drills with diagrams and video tutorials. Flag football plays 6 on 6 - made easy!
How Do You Take Your 6 on 6 Flag Football Run Plays to the Next Level?
Back when I first started coaching, I wasn't fully aware of the differences between coaching 6 on 6 flag football versus coaching other types of football - I had no idea what the difference between a 5 on 5 flag football play and a 7 on 7 flag football play was.
However, coaching a 6 on 6 flag football team will use many of the same techniques and strategies as coaching a 6 on 6 basketball, softball or soccer team (I've had customers tell me that they've used my resources to coach other sports, which just goes to show - sport is sport!). It's all about the plays and drills that you use.
But you've gotta teach 'em right, which is where a lot of parents and beginner coaches start to feel anxious. It's not enough to give your team a few instructions and sit back and watch them go - it's about coaching them, minute by minute until they internalize what 6 on 6 football is really about.
When I first started coaching five years ago, I wished that there were some comprehensive resources online that could help me really get to grips with the gameplay of 6 man flag football. That's why I've given my flag football defense drills everything I've got, including video tutorials and diagrams. These resources are designed to help coaches level up by having easy examples to show their players.
My bundles include a few resources to help your coaching reach new heights, regardless of the age and experience of your team. For example, with my printable flag football plays for 6 on 6 teams, you can slot them right into your wristband, take them onto the pitch, enabling your team to secure success!
When coaching flag football, it is important to combine fun with beneficial practice. With our collection of unstoppable 6v6 flag football plays, you can become the best coach you can be and give your players a flying start to their career. As a coach, the experiences you deliver will have an impact on whether your players develop a deep love for the sport and continue playing beyond their younger years.
Want Fun and Creative 6v6 Flag Football Plays?
We understand the time, effort and creativity that is needed to consistently produce new and exciting sessions for your team so we have a selection of packages available. With a variety of options for all ages, you are sure to find flag football 6v6 plays, drills, templates and more for your team.
Elevate Your Team With This Unstoppable 6v6 Flag Football Plays
Utilize the time that you spend training with your team wisely and then watch as those skills translate onto the field. Your practice sessions are so important to developing camaraderie between players, learning formations, 6v6 flag football trick plays and more so it is important to make them as beneficial as possible. With the help of our 6v6 flag football playbook, you will have all of the skills and knowledge of flag football strategy that you need to deliver quality sessions each and every time.
At the forefront of the industry, Coach D has the knowledge and experience required to take your team to the next level. If you have the drive and passion needed to coach 6v6 flag football play, then you can benefit from purchasing one of our packages. Gone are the days of spending hours creating new flag football plays for 6v6. When you choose one of our packages, you are guaranteed quality training material that can be utilized time and time again to achieve results, no matter the age of your players.
You not only get plays, but everything you need to crush it as a coach - flag football drills, practices, templates, and other special features. That's one of our main differentiators, coaches can walk out on the field with 0 experience and crush it, not just with plays, but with everything.
Comprehensive 6v6 Flag Football Plays Packages that Guarantee Results
If you have the fundamental traits of a coach but are missing the material needed to deliver awesome practices and win some games, then you could benefit from our playbooks. Providing a range of flag football trick plays for 6v6, rest assured that you will find a package that suits your needs. Whether you are in need of extra material to add to your existing plans or full, comprehensive resources, or even a specific 6v6 flag football defense, we have you covered. In our range, you will find:
- A minimum of 80 plays
- Practice schedules
- Exclusive videos
- Drill packs
- Wrist-band ready playsheets
- Coach D's meet and greet schedule
... and so much more. Whatever you need to become the ultimate coach, we can provide.
Introduce The New 6 on 6 Trick Plays in Flag Football Today
Change up your training sessions with our flag football trick plays for 6 on 6 today and take your team to the next level. Ensure your players reach their fullest potential with the help of Coach D. Give them the best start to their career with our materials. Browse our collections today or get in touch for personal tips and advice.
Coach D’s Best 6 Man Flag Football Plays, Revealed.
What are you waiting for? It's time to crush it as a coach! If you've got any questions or would like to hear more about my experience coaching 6x6 teams, please get in touch - I love hearing from people and will ensure that you have a great customer experience!
LIMITED TIME COMPLETE COACH PACKAGE
Everything you need to be the COMPLETE COACH!!
Get the FULL Playbook + All-Ages Playbook Bundle + BOTH 20 Offense Drill Pack and 15 Defense Drill Pack in this COMPLETE COACH PACKAGE!!
This is the COMPLETE Flag Football Strategy & Play Calling System: Get my most popular FULL Playbook PLUS ALL grade level Play Packs PLUS both of my popular drills packs in this Complete Coach Package.
BUY 4 & SAVE!
- FULL Playbook = $37
- ALL-Ages Playbook = $27
- PK-1st Grade = FREE
- 2nd-3rd Grade = FREE
- 4th-5th Grade = FREE
- 6th-8th Grade = FREE
- OFFENSE Drill Pack = $7 (50% OFF)
- 20 Proven Printable Drills with diagrams and video tutorials
- DEFENSE Drill Pack = $7 (50% OFF)
- 15 Proven Printable Drills with diagrams and video tutorials
- DISCOUNT = -$11
The COMPLETE COACH Flag Football Strategy & Play Calling System includes ALL the above PLUS the Digital versions of the play packs!!
Details of the ALL-Ages Playbook:
Included in each Age-Based 24-Play Pack + 8-Week Practice Schedules:
- 24 Plays per age-group: Hand-picked and proven to work for the specific grade level. Ideal for wristbands - but you can also get 1, 4, or 9 plays printed per page.
- 8 Exclusive videos:
- Plays Walk-Through - I'll walk you through each play, sharing why it was selected and the secret to making it work. Perfect to pass on to parents and players to help them learn the plays.
- Practice Schedule Walk-Through - I'll review the Meet & Greet along with the other customized practice schedules so you and your other coaches know exactly what to do from day 1.
- FREE Meet & Greet Schedule: Minute-by-minute Meet & Greet schedule I use every year, along with links to videos to give you specifics on each warmup, drill, etc. (Customized to each grade level)
- FREE 8-Week Practice Schedules: Each week mapped out for you and your other coaches. Minute-by-minute weekly practice schedule I use for every practice. I include links to specific warm-ups and drills, along with time for breaks, running plays, and more. (Customized to each grade level)
- FREE Wristband-ready printable play-sheets: Want to use wristbands like I do? Perfect, you’ll receive bonus PDF play-sheets sized for wristbands. Simply print, laminate, put in the wristbands, and go! Call plays from the sideline and let your players execute. I LOVE wristbands and these are the EXACT plays I use each season.
- OVER 80 Plays broken down by age-group so you are only using the best plays for each age (PLUS 120 bonus plays)
- 32 Practice Schedules broken down by age-group
- Exclusive walk-through videos of every age-based play pack and practice schedule (sent immediately after checkout)
- Print-Ready plays Get exclusive PDFs with the exact sizes needed for wristbands. Simply print, insert, and go!
👇🏻 Get my COMPLETE COACH Package Now - INSTANT ACCESS 👇🏻
30-Day 100% NO RISK GUARANTEE!
LIMITED-TIME COMPLETE COACH Package Launch Special
BUY 5 & SAVE!
FULL Playbook = $37
ALL-Ages Playbook = $27
PK-1st Grade = FREE
2nd-3rd Grade = FREE
4th-5th Grade = FREE
6th-8th Grade = FREE
OFFENSE Drill Pack = $7 (FREE)
DEFENSE Drill Pack = $7 (FREE)
DISCOUNT = -$11
👇🏻 Get my COMPLETE COACH Package Now & Become a COMPLETE COACH 👇🏻
Copyright © 2022 by Dwight Braswell
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.
4 Free 6 v 6 Plays
A, B: Red, Green: Running Back
C, D: Blue, Grey: Wide Receiver
CT: Yellow: Center
Q: Black: Quarterback
Star: Getting the ball (1st option – if not open, the QB can throw to the open player) BF, AF, CF: F means fake, e.g. QB Fakes a handoff to A then throws to C
B1, C2: a number after the letter means B would get the ball first, then throw it to C (or handoff)
Ball: handoff or point of completion for a Receiver
Dotted line: Where the pass is thrown
6 v 6 Flag Football Formations
2 Running Backs behind the QB
- 5-7 yards behind QB (to reach full speed at the line of scrimmage)
- 5-7 yards from each other
Suitable for fakes or rush-heavy defense
2 Running Backs on either side of the center – shoe to
shoe C is lined up about 7 yards out
Suitable for fakes and quick handoffs
Ideal for quick slant completions
1 Running Back directly behind the QB or off to one side
- 5-7 yards behind QB (to reach full speed at the line of
scrimmage) Suitable for fakes then long passes over the
defense (over the top) Good for power running or reverses
No Backfield - 2 Wide Receivers | Running Backs stacked on one side
Good for reverses
Suitable for cross and quick slant routes
All Wide Receivers & Running Backs line up on one side. It can be either tight or spread out, depending on the play. Good for throwing off defense (hurry up, so they don't have time to adjust). Suitable for fakes and trick plays.
The QB is 5-7 yards behind center. It takes a lot of practice (need a consistent Center). Good for avoiding the rush. Good for passing deep (over the top). Good for getting running backs to run full speed.
6 on 6 Passing Routes:
- Flat: Perfect for the screen pass (many leagues won't allow a pass behind the line of scrimmage, so check your rules and adjust accordingly)
- Quick Slant: Perfect for short, quick passes in between zone coverages. I use these a ton in my plays.
- Comeback: Outside curl – great for your short passing attack
- Curl: Perfect for your short passing attack, when they are covering your WRs deep, and you need a first down or are close to the endzone.
- Out: Make sure there is a substantial cut here, and the ball is thrown near the sideline so the WR can "win the sideline" for big yardage.
- In: Perfect with a fake handoff, then a quick pass over the middle in-between zone coverage. If congested in the middle, lead the WR closer to the sideline.
- Corner: If the CB (Cornerback) guards the WR on the inside, then the Corner is a great way to lose the coverage and "throw your WR open" on the sideline.
- Post: One of my favorites for deep completions "over the top" of the defense. I would use the Post with a hard cut to "shake" a fast CB and "free up" the WR.
- Fly: Perfect for the long ball when the defense allows the WR behind them. I usually like to do a fake handoff, then throw to the WR "over the top." This must be thrown as the WR is in full stride, so they can catch it and continue to run at full speed.
6 v 6 Play 1 (Pass): Tight B Fake D Post
Starting from the "tight" formation, this play works especially well against loose zone defenses when the offense needs less than 5 yards to advance the chains.
As is customary for tight formations, the QB will call the snap underneath the center. Before slightly edging out to the right, just on the right of the “BF” 's outside shoulder.
- C: Will run an immediate quick slant underneath the “A”, looking to receive just before arriving perpendicular to the QB.
- A: Runs a standard out route over the “C: receiver, being the over route “A” should look to be explosive off the LOS, run 5 yards upfield, break down and head outwards towards the sideline.
- CT: After snapping the ball, the CT will run an almost immediate out route to the right of the field. To execute this route properly, the “CT should advance 2-4 yards before breaking down and splitting outward, and turning their shoulder right, providing an escape pass for the QB underneath.
- BF: In stark contrast to the “CT”, after the snap, the “BF” should run behind the LOS and fake the handoff with the QB before splitting upfield on the outside of the “A” for a standard Go/Fly Route.
- D: Most importantly, the “D” runs a standard post route starting from the hash. This route above the other receivers will be the ideal pass and should be what the quarterback is looking to throw to upfield.
6 v 6 Play 2 (Run-Pass): Tight A to B Out
This “tight” formation play is ideal for even shorter yardage plays, with the short options from all the receivers as well as the run option from the “A”. This is an ideal play for short-yardage third-down situations.
As a 6 v 6 misdirection play, to succeed, this play will require a lot of player versatility as well as convincing acting and pinpoint accuracy in execution. The misdirection of this play will be convincing the linebackers to drop down off the “B” to stop what looks like a run. Most importantly, to execute the trick of this play, the “A” must convince the defense they will run upfield, but they must also execute the pass before the line of scrimmage.
The versatility of this play comes from the ability for the “A” and the quarterback to read whether the lineman covering “B” will drop their play to cover the zone, in which case the “A” should pass. Or if the lineman will stick to their man, in which case the “A” should take the space they give up upfield.
- C: The “C” receiver begins by running a simple post route. If the receiver runs fast enough, they should be able to reveal the coverage and aid the “A” in making their read. Regardless if the “A” buys enough time, this receiver could be open for a pass over the top.
- A: will run right, underneath the line of scrimmage post-snap and receive a handoff from the quarterback. Then, based on the read, they will either pass upfield to the B or run it up themselves.
- CT: Will begin with the snap and then run a corner route out and underneath the “C”.
- B: The “B” needs to be explosive off the blocks as the primary target in this play. They will run a standard 5 yards upfield and then to the sideline in a classic out route, the more yardage they can gain upfield before breaking out, the more pressure they can put on the linebacker in coverage, so explosive speed will be required for this route.
- D: With the simplest assignment, the “D” receiver will run upfield for a standard fly route. If they get open, they will offer an over-the-top pass from the “A” if a receiver can throw that far.
6 v 6 Play 3 (Pass): Shotgun B Fake C Cross
Starting in the shotgun formation, this play is ideal for first downs because of its adaptability. The quarterback has numerous options, allowing him to assess the defense and react appropriately.
To execute this play successfully, it is of utmost importance to convince the defense of a run to begin this play. Ensure during training that your quarterback and running back (BF) are both comfortable with fake handoffs before attempting this play.
- D: The “D” receiver will begin by running a simple fly route upfield, offering a deep option for the quarterback.
- C: As the preferred option, the C will run an immediate slant to the right of the field, looking at the quarterback for the pass after crossing underneath the “A”.
- BF: After performing the fake handoff, the BF will immediately fly route upfield, pretending to carry the ball until they pass the line of scrimmage when they should be looking to receive the pass over their shoulder.
- CT: Will snap the ball and then also run a fly route upfield, parallel to the “D” receiver.
- A: The “A” will run a slant route that is the perfect inverse of the “C” receiver, running over the top of their route and then looking to receive the pass.
6 v 6 Play 4 (Pass): Double Fake D Out and Up
Initiating in the single-back formation, this play begins with one running back positioned either directly behind the quarterback. This setup is optimal for deceiving the defense with fakes followed by deep throws over their heads. It's also effective for strong running plays or reverses.
For this play to be effective, it's crucial to make the defense believe it's a run initially. During practice, make sure both your quarterback and running back (BF) are adept at executing fake handoffs before trying this play out.
- AF: Pre-snap, the “AF will begin their motion across the field, as soon as the ball is snapped, they should be just about to cross over the quarterback, so once the ball is snapped they can fake the handoff. Then, after faking the handoff, they will be running to the sideline and then upfield for a fly route.
- BF: Starting single back behind the quarterback, the BF will run upfield and fake a handoff from the quarterback, then proceed upfield as if they were carrying the ball.
- C: Your “C” will be running quite an advanced route here, so make sure they are experienced and understand the following assignment. First, the “C” will run what looks identical to a simple comeback route, fake being open for the reception, then break upfield for a fly route.
- CT: Has the easiest assignment in this play. They will run a simple out route towards the flat where the “C” has just broken out of.
- D: As the primary target for this play, the “D” will run a standard 5-yard out route. However once they’ve broken to the right, they should only take three steps towards the sideline before breaking down again and launching upfield, expecting the reception.
Did These 6v6 Plays Work For You Too?
Head to the top of this page to access the entirety of Coach D's Full Season Playbook, ensuring your team is set for the entire season. Nothing beats a detailed and user-friendly playbook, so dive into Coach D's unmatched 6 on 6 playbook, the Total Coach Package, or select from his 10 Play Bundles! Interested in tailoring and crafting your own strategies? Secure a subscription to Coach D’s Play Builder.